Hospice Scheduling Coordinator
Job Description Summary
- Utilizes the Hospice software system to schedule clinical staff patient visits and evaluations. Updates and maintains the schedules on a regular basis throughout the day. Answers and takes telephone calls from clinical staff, patients, referrals sources, HHU personnel, etc. Process new admission, evaluation, resume, frequency change, re-certification and discharge orders for scheduling purposes. Changes event codes as needed.
- Verifies documentation of information such as completion of visits, frequency & duration of visits, completion of admit and discharge computerized records.
- Receives referrals from Intake. Ensures proper paperwork is received and processed. Schedules new patients for identified services. Maintains a close connection with Intake for communication of admission needs and staff availability. Works closely with on-call nursing staff for communication of admits and visit changes.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Understands and adheres to agency policy and procedures.
- Confers with Director of Nursing and/or Clinical Supervisor on problems and complaints.
- Liaises between coordinating team and nursing office.
- Performs all coordinating duties when necessary
- Enters scheduling data, creates schedules
- Schedules client appointments/visits according to care plans and staff availability
- Reviews and directs case management notes, documenting change of aide, change in service, telephone complaints, etc.
- Contacts care providers, clients, and staff with day to day changes.
- Maintains staff and client statics reports.
- Supervises the scheduling of appropriately skilled person to fill the case, the inputting of the scheduling information on the computer and continue to supervise the coordination of the scheduling.
- supervises the scheduling of replacement workers as needed and the input of the scheduling information
- Communicates with patients/families on home health aide related issues
- Coordinates patient care among disciplines
- Performs general office duties including but not limited to word processing, photocopies files, shreds, sort/distributes mail, provides reception and telephone service.
- Takes telephone referral information
- Handles matters related to staff and the patient they serve
- Provides staffing for sick leave, vacation, long term leave.
- Communicates on a routine basis with contract agencies to maintain smooth relations and to obtain needed information
- Advise the Director of Nursing of all new cases to be filled and supervises the review of cases on a weekly basis.
- Oversees the documentation and reporting of changes in patient status, in-service requirements, in and employee staff assignment and in particular, any unsatisfactory performance.
- Discerns client services required as outlined in agreements, urgent requests, and care plans.
- Supervises staff in regard to punctuality, assignments and reliability.
- Performance of other duties as required
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- At least one year experience as a Scheduling Coordinator
- Ability to utilize a PC, calculator, Multi-line telephone and other related office equipment.
- Demonstrates good communication, negotiation and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates organization, assertiveness, flexibility, cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Experience with Consolo software is a plus.
Experience as an LVN is a plus.