Hospice Licensed Vocational Nurse
Job Description Summary
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State’s Name Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian) to the registered nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Job Requirements Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Position Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
- Has three years nursing experience and, effective January 1, 1998, shall have one year prior professional nursing experience in Community/home health or medical/surgical experience.
- Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse in the state.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
Job Type: Full-time
Hospice: 1 Year
Nursing: 1 Year