Certified Home Health Aide – San Diego
Provides personal care according to a written plan of care developed by the Case Manager. Assists with light housekeeping, meal preparation and other duties as outlined in the plan of care. Reports patient status and significant changes regularly to the Case Manager. Using Home Care Home Base, documents all patient record information.
The ideal candidate will follow written Case Management instructions and document care given. Demonstrates tact, patience, and cooperation in fulfilling service obligations. Demonstrates empathy for the needs and care of the ill, frail, injured and the impaired. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) Position Responsibilities
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient’s assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, report to the Case Manager immediately.
- Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.)
- Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping, as assigned.
- Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient’s skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
- Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the Case Manager. Also aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the hospice nurse or therapist.
- Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals. Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing respite for patient’s/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as assigned.
- Adhering to the organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and patient’s personal needs.
Home Health: 1 Year